Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thoughts on Life

Matt must be really bored at work this week because he got on my case last night about not updating my blog regularly over the past several weeks. My response to that: HELLOOOO?! Who do you think is caring for your needy little son all day long?! That aside, allow me to share some of my thoughts of the week...
  • Speaking of Matt getting on my case, he also made me feel super guilty last night about Chloe's recent state of doggy depression. Really, she has been looking quite pitiful this week, as I think that the sudden slump in attention focused on her has been getting to her. She really lucked out this morning though, for out of sheer pity, I fed her doggy treats coated in peanut butter with a side of pork BBQ. So much for the diet she's supposed to be on...
  • While I'm on the subject of canines, I would like to take this opportunity to wish Cosmo, the three-legged pug, a peaceful eternity in doggy heaven. (I don't care what you say, but all dogs DO go to heaven. Even Cosmo.) Yes, our family's infamous pug had to be put down several weeks ago due to a myriad of health problems. Life just isn't the same without his presence (and his unmistakable smell).
  • I knew that life would change completely after having a baby, but it has particularly struck me that my current existence has been rearranged into two hour segments of time. Don't get me wrong, I am so thrilled that our little porker is growing, thriving, and eating like a champ... I just look forward to the day he is willing to allow me a little more than two hours of freedom before demanding to be fed.
This pic is clearly not of Carson eating, but it does document the rare sight of him crying... and how cute he looks even then.
  • Having meals brought to us nearly every night is awesome. I haven't had to cook in what seems like forever, and I could totally get used to this personal dinner delivery service.
  • On a more serious note, how crazy is the news about Heath Ledger's death? I have been a huge fan of Heath ever since the release of one of my all-time favorite movies, 10 Things I Hate About You (I have such classy taste in cinema, huh?). Though there is no word yet on the cause of his death, the truth remains that tragedy does not pick and choose who it will strike. His talent (and good looks coupled with his Australian accent) will be sorely missed.

No comments: