Today's the day. January 7th. The due date that we have been so anxiously awaiting for the past 40 weeks. As Matt headed off to work this morning, I wished him a happy due date, and we both just smiled, knowing that the chances I go into labor today are pretty darn unlikely. I guess I can't blame the little guy for refusing to budge-- I've always been known to be a tad "strong-willed" (a term I much prefer over "stubborn"), and his daddy... well he loves his cozy bed and sleep, as evidenced by his late awakening this morning.
I actually had a small sliver of hope that he might come yesterday after having been told by someone in church that they got a "feeling" in the service that I would go into labor yesterday... and then someone else informed me that she had dreamed that I went into labor yesterday. (I very purposefully chose not to share this information with my mother, in fear that it truly might set her over the edge.) Anyway, no such luck. I think God is trying to teach me a little something about patience through all this, for it is most definitely a virtue I lack. Regardless, my next OB appointment is tomorrow morning, at which time we will be scheduling an induction. And believe me, I fully intend to fall on my knees and beg to be induced sooner rather than later.
At least I have big plans for my morning as I continue to play this waiting game... Walmart, Kroger, and a possible jaunt to B&N for some study time... anything to provide a bit of distraction at this point...
We'll keep y'all updated!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment