Ha... I liked this cartoon. Poor turkeys. Maybe I have some hidden animal-rights agenda within me, as I always love the annual Presidential turkey pardon. I read in the paper this morning about our president saving not one but two turkeys from the Thanksgiving table this year- "May" and "Flower". Thanks George.Anyway, on the eve of Thanksgiving, I have some thoughts...
* As I've been aging (I'm about to turn 25. That seems old to me.), I have begun to have more flashbacks of childhood. One distinct memory I have surrounding this holiday of Thanksgiving takes me back to my preschool days when we would be dressed in Indian get-ups made out of Ukrops bags and homemade headdresses. Thanks to my nostalgia, I now have that "Thanksgiving Day is a happy day and we give thanks to God..." song stuck in my head. You know, 2o-some years later, I bet Huguenot Road Baptist Church still partakes in the same preschool Thanksgiving festivities.
* I used to take great delight in watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Unfortunately, I have had to miss out on the huge balloons and the much-anticipated arrival of Santa for the past several years, since we have always found ourselves traveling. This year, however, I have Carson to thank for our ability to stay in town for the holidays, and I have every intention of watching the parade in my PJs tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait.
* Anyone who knows me probably knows how much I love the Sunday paper. Tomorrow beats just about any Sunday paper there is, though, with the mile-high stack of ads for Black Friday. I hate crowds and I don't particularly love to shop, so I tend to steer far away from the Black Friday insanity, but for some reason I still take great joy in finding a 15 lb newspaper in my driveway on Thanksgiving.
* I really wish the pilgrims liked sushi. See, I'm not that big on traditional Thanksgiving food. I'd much rather feast on some of the finer delicacies in life (i.e. cucumber sushi...mmm...). I think I'm going to throw an alternative Thanksgiving day feast one year with all of my favorites.... ha, that could be interesting.
* As soon as midnight strikes tomorrow night, it is officially Christmas season!! I have been showing incredible restraint in choosing to hold off on Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, and it's now almost time!!
That's all I've got. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!
No comments:
Post a Comment