Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The End of an Era


This morning, I read a verse that made me stop and think...

"See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil." -Ephesians 5:15-16

Redeeming the time, or making the most of my limited time here on earth, is something that has not always come easily to me. I think this struck me today because I am on the verge of some major changes in my life. In 10 days, I will kiss my days as a student goodbye. In just over 5 weeks, I will become a mother. Like I said, my life is about to do a complete 180.

The thing is, I have always been one to eagerly look forward to the future-- graduating from high school, finishing college, getting married, etc., etc.-- without fully embracing the unique stage of life in which I found myself at the time. This verse reminds me that such a mindset is only cheating me out of all God has to offer me in my many seasons of life. So, instead of pining away for that diploma that I will soon possess or for the day I can finally meet my baby, I am going to try my absolute hardest to soak in these last few weeks, making the most of my time that God has given me right here and right now.

1 comment:

Libby said...

yep, you better make the most of your sleep all right. trust me--in a few weeks, you'll have nights when you'll wish that baby was still in your belly :) and make matt take you out to dinners & movies while you still can do it peacefully...