Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Election Day!

Can I just tell you how much I love to vote? I just returned from the polls where I was saddened to see just two other fellow Midlothian residents exercising their right to vote. I'm not so sure where my love for the voting process came from- perhaps from my family who has never found the topic of politics to be taboo (but then again, what does my family think is taboo??). I love to feel like I'm making a difference when I bubble in my forms... even when many of the candidates for whom I voted today were running unopposed.

As a side note-- I was seriously tempted to write in a name (the first name to come to mind was that of my husband) for the position of Soil and Water Conservation Director since there were no candidates listed. I decided against it because Matt's inclination to take really long showers in the mornings doesn't quite fit with the job title of a director of water conservation. It was a close call though.

Anyway, I love to feel like I'm somehow playing a role in how our world is run. I love flashing my voter card (somehow it makes me feel more mature or something). I even love the little sticker you get when you leave the polls.

Now that I have earned my "I voted" sticker for the year, I am now even more fired up about the election that will be taking place a year from now. It is no secret that I am adamantly, extremely, 110% opposed to the thought of Hillary assuming the role of president. Unfortunately, I am not a die hard fan of any candidate running next year, but if Hillary is on the ticket next year, I will be the first in line to vote against her.

OK, enough political activism. Go vote!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you go, girl! i am so proud of your political persuasions. and, you are right, nothing taboo in our conversations. isn't it fun?!?