Last night, I had the long-awaited opportunity to have a girl's night with some of my nursing school friends. Now, when I say "long-awaited," that is precisely what I mean. As full-time students with part-time jobs-- not to mention significant others to tend to-- we, as a bunch, are not permitted to be particularly social. However, somehow last night seemed to work with everyone's carefully planned schedules, and we had a ton of fun. In fact, the evening was particularly beneficial for me, as I was surprised with baby presents, yummy gingerbread cake (they know me too well), and a visit from Erin all the way from Tampa!!
As we were sitting around chatting last night, I had to laugh at how dramatically our conversations have changed over the past two and a half years. It has become the norm to spend hours sharing stories of memorable patients and bizarre clinical findings. If anyone else was listening in as we discussed renal stones, trachs, and medications, they would have been bored out of their minds, but somehow we did not think twice about it. As we raised our wine glasses (or water bottle for me) to toast, I realized that I will forever treasure these friends who have braved this crazy journey with me towards becoming a nurse practitioner.
And with that, I must add (with glee)... 20 days 'till graduation!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment