This has become a common dialog in our home recently, as Matt has suddenly been hit with the realization that the day of him becoming a father is looming and what was left of his youth is screeching to a halt. I am trying desperately to be sympathetic and understanding, using the "therapeutic communication" that I have learned in my plethora of psych courses. Basically, I am trying to stifle my giggling because we all know that my wonderful (and youthful, might I add) husband will not suddenly morph into an old geezer who can no longer enjoy life and have fun. Sure, having a child might add an entirely new set of responsibilities, but I fully anticipate that Matt will soon be on the floor with Carson enjoying his Tonka trucks and building blocks more than anyone.
Along those lines, I could not resist sharing this picture I took of Matt this weekend. We had gone to Lakewood Manor to visit my great-grandmother "G.G." and found her in the activity room playing Bingo. Well, leave it to my youthful husband to jump right in, find a spare board, and start playing with a table full of cute old ladies. Matt fit right on in, and hopefully realized that while he might be feeling old, he still has a long, loooong way to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment