Well, Christmas has officially come and gone, and what a Christmas it was! Over the past several days, Matt and I have been running around like crazy people from one gathering to the next, trying to fit in time with all of our friends and family. With all of the dashing around, I admit that it took conscious effort on my part to remember the true reason behind our celebrations- the incarnation of God as a helpless baby boy born in a barn to young, inexperienced parents. The more I consider this amazing truth, the more humbled I am by the huge God I serve.
Needless to say, after a couple long days of celebration, I came home last night and crashed big-time. Somehow I have supernaturally gathered up enough energy this morning to undecorate our entire house. At present, all of the Christmas decorations are in a rather large heap in our living room as I patiently wait for Matt to awaken from his deep post-Christmas slumber so he can box them up and store them away. I think that part of me assumes that the sooner I say goodbye to Christmas, the sooner I will be able to welcome Carson into the world. Let's cross our fingers...
I hope you all had a joyful Christmas filled with friends, family, and lots of sugar!!
*This is joy.*
No comments:
Post a Comment