

Well, the weather outside isn't really all that frightful right now, but I assigned that title to today's post for several reasons.
One: We got our first "snow fall" today!! It was actually more like an hour or so of mild-to-moderately heavy flurries that didn't even consider sticking... but it was pretty nevertheless. I was even brave enough to take my 4x4 to Barnes and Noble to study in the midst of our flurry storm.
Two: While at Barnes and Noble working my way through my menacing "Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification Review Guide" book, I overheard the words to the "Let it Snow" song that I reference here today. The second line to this classic song claims that "the fire is so delightful." Well, I would like to know what in the world they did to that fire to make it so delightful. I returned from class last night to a beautiful fire that Matt had made- the first of the year, in fact, which made it even more exciting. As beautiful as it was, the ambiance was soon ruined by the insane heat that sucker produced! Our thermostat steadily rose from 68 to 86 degrees! I'm not kidding- I felt like I should have applied sunblock prior to planting myself on the couch. I think tending to a roaring fire makes any man feel manlier, and Matt continued to poke, prod, and add more wood until I finally pleaded with him to let my already overheated body cool just a bit.
I hope all of you have enjoyed the day of not-really-frightful-weather, and if anyone has thoughts on how we might make our next fire a little more delightful, please let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment