
It finally hit me yesterday how much my husband has influenced me during the course of the past five years of being together. I could be all mushy and talk about how he makes me aspire to be a better human being and all that stuff, but that is not what this post is about. Rather, I would like to discuss the fact that he has completely revolutionized the way in which I view college sports.
Yesterday, as I was stumbling out of the hospital after a long day of work, my eyes caught a glimpse of a 5oish year old man wearing a Duke hat. I am not typically someone to randomly approach an unassuming bystander about trivial issues, nor did I have much energy left to talk. However, something within me prompted me to start chatting with this nice man about his hat. By simply asking if he went to Duke or was "just a Duke fan", we were able to discuss "bandwagon Carolina fans", the supremacy of the Blue Devils, and his disloyalty to his own alma mater, Ohio State. Somehow, Matt has brainwashed me enough to make such conversations flow easily for me- even when he is not around to add his input.
As I wrap up today's blog, I would like to draw attention to the above image of the one and only Shelden Williams, who I have sincerely missed since he graduated from Duke two years ago. I was so distraught about his departure from the team last season that I could not even bring myself to watch most games with Matt. This season, however, I am trying my hardest to move on and embrace the newer players of the team. In doing so, I fully expect the Blue Devils to not only dominate the ACC but to make me proud in my 2008 bracket as well.
**I would like to dedicate today's post to Matthew Allison, the mastermind behind my deep-seated convictions regarding college athletics today.**
1 comment:
Wow, I must be a great husband, look what I've done to her?!?! :)
Post a Comment