WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!
She looks perfectly healthy.
She was moving like crazy on ultrasound.
My due date of October 12th looks right on.
And her name will be Mary Grace Allison.
Now, for a quick tutorial on her name (Matt requested this)...
Our daughter will go by "Mary Grace", not "Mary". It's a double name... you know, it's how they do things in the South. :) No hyphen. Matt plans on nicknaming her "Gracie" but forbids anyone from calling her strictly "Mary".
As for the origins of her name, my great-grandmother's name was Mary, and I have the most wonderful memories of her sweet nature (and darn good cooking). And Grace is just classic and, well, downright Biblical (Ephesians 2:8).
We are beyond thrilled to be welcoming a sweet little girl in to this world, and most of all, that she looks healthy.
13 comments:
Congrats!!! I'm so excited for ya'll!!!
she looks like you! i'm already doing online shopping since i'm at the beach and i really don't want my first granddaughter adorned in Wings teeshirts. i love her already!
ow that i think about it, mary grace my be the one person responsible for pulling the US out of the bad economy. have you seen the pink kitchen set at pb kids????
I am soooo excited that we have another girl in the family! And what a wonderful name-awesome.
Beth
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
ARE WE THRILLED? You bet! A great name and we will honor Matt's wish; but, to be honest, there may be times when I say "gracie" and think " MiMi" (may she be as sweet). Thanks for the remembrance. PawPaw & GrandMa
actually, for the record, "Gracie" is definitely fine! Just no plain "Mary"
get it straight :)
Congratulations! Having a girl is WONDERFUL-especially if you're a girly girl like me. Hope the rest of this pregnancy treats you well!
congrats!!! i actually had a dream you were having a girl!! I hope you're feeling better!:)
Congratulations!
YEAH!! I am thrilled for you! (and slightly jealous, but I'll keep it to myself!) :):)
Yay! It's a girl!! Tell your mom to stay away from the monogram store. That's my territory! :) So excited to be moving to Durham to play with little Carson and Mary Grace!!
ha, ha, katie, not a chance. i am already investigating all the monogramming opportunities...
Post a Comment